The PSF is a non-governmental, non-political and philanthropic educational association registered on the 28th of December 1970, at the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities in Lebanon, under registration number 380/ AD.
Since 1973, the PSF has been continuously seeking funding opportunities in order to offer adequate support for brilliant underprivileged Palestinian students. This support is provided in the form of extending loans to be paid back by the beneficiary in the form of installments with zero interest after one year after graduation. The importance of this type of loan is its ability to rotate over years, allowing more students in need to pursue university education, fulfill their dreams for a better future, and lead a dignified life. The PSF depends on contributions received from individuals and businessmen, both Arabs and non-Arabs as well as international organizations.
The target group encompasses underprivileged Palestinian students who want to pursue university education. PSF targets the youth living in poor Palestinian camps and gatherings in Lebanon, and in the vicinity of the camps. The age bracket is between 17 and 23 years.
Palestinian youth in Lebanon. Each year PSF supports around 300 students pursuing various specializations.
PSF adopts a holistic approach in extending support to its beneficiaries. Its support is not limited to extending financial aid but rather provides the following:
- Career Guidence and Career Counseling
- Training on life skills
- Awarness raising on human rights and developmental issues
- Following-up students in Universities
- Negotiating and following up with Universities concerning financial aid.
- Following-up and Coordinating with other Educational Institutions and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Establishing a Data Base of beneficiaries
- Establish an Alumni Club for the PSF Graduates